I’ve been working on this baby for years. Initially it was as my own budget and dashboard and it developed into something I would like to share with others.
Update 25th January 2021 – Please note that since this article was posted I have created additional Personal Finance products to suit individual requirements. I recommend you taking a look at the following post (‘The Frank Basics’ Etsy Store) before purchasing to ensure you find the right product to meet your needs
The Personal Finance Budget Spreadsheet and Automated Dashboard has been a few months in the making since I first decided to share it more widely than my computer hard drive. I have always enjoyed using spreadsheets and it remains the one part of my job that I quite enjoy. As a result I decided to modify my tried and tested one into something that others might find helpful (not everyone likes spreadsheets and this one aims to do the work for you).
The Personal Finance Budget and Automated Dashboard (which includes inbuilt debt snowball / avalanche calculator for Microsoft Excel) contains 9 sheets (tabs) including:
- Dashboard (Automated sheet)
- Debts (Data entry sheet) – this sheet includes a debt snowball or avalanche calculator
- Mortgage (Data entry sheet)
- Emergency Fund (Data entry sheet)
- Savings (Data entry sheet)
- Sinking Funds (Data entry sheet)
- Budget (Data entry sheet)
- Review Sheet (Automated sheet)
- Expense Review (Data entry sheet)
My goal with this workbook is to try to make using excel easy while letting you use all the best features it has to offer.
It also is formatted so you can print the sheets off for your fridge (or other area of your home) – eg the debt and savings trackers.
What does this Personal Finance and Budgeting Spreadsheet do?
For a full list of specifications I would recommend checking out the Etsy listing here.
- Calculate the % paid off of your debts, and mortgages.
- Calculates how close you are to reaching your savings goals (Emergency Fund, Sinking Funds, or other Savings Goals)
- Calculate your income from multiple jobs
- Calculate expenses you pay weekly, fortnightly, monthly, or yearly
- The Dashboard shows you how much you have spent on each category (You decide the categories you want – completely customizable)
- The Review sheet shows you how much money you have left
- The Expense Review sheet is an optional sheet with a little quiz guiding you on where you could make changes to your budget to save money.
What you will receive:
- One Microsoft Excel file template
- One Quick Start Guide PDF
- Created on Microsoft Excel 2016 (only works with Microsoft Excel not Google Sheets)
- Please note that this spreadsheet uses Macros so please ensure when you open this file you ‘enable macros’.
- Please note that every sheet on this spreadsheet has built-in instruction buttons to assist you with completing each sheet.
I’ve put a lot of work into it and have priced it accordingly, but for those that follow me on the blog/Instagram I’ve decided to provide you the following coupon code to save you 10% off (as a big thank you for following along).
Coupon Code – FRANK10
Feel free to get in touch before hand if you have any questions or additional information you would like before making your purchase. I’m also happy to field questions to assist you to get the most out of it post sale.
If you do end up purchasing it please let me know your thoughts and feedback. I’m keen to create some more spreadsheet style items so let me know what other trackers or dashboards etc that you would like to see.
If you would like to have articles like this delivered to your inbox subscribe below.