I’m sharing another one of my frugal and budget friendly recipes this week.
Everyone loves good pasta (right….) and if you haven’t got your own go to pasta sauce recipe give this one a whirl. It’s super easy but super tasty and it’s a recipe that the whole family will enjoy. You can make it vegetarian or add your own mince (I’ve tried both). I’ve also included two cooking methods for those with or without a Thermomix.
If you would like to see all of my frugal and budget friendly recipes click here.
- 2 tbsp Aldi Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large diced brown onion
- 1 tsp Aldi Minced Garlic
- 1 tbsp Mixed Herbs
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce (or BBQ if you don’t have)
- 1 Aldi Vegetable Stock Cube
- 2x 400gm cans of Aldi Diced Tomatoes
- 500gm of cooked pasta of choice (Note: I cook this at the same time as the sauce)
Optional 500gm your mince of choice and/or Parmesan Cheese
Method (No Thermomix)
- Heat up the oil in a large saucepan on high heat.
- Add the onion and brown lightly.
- Add the minced garlic, herbs and Worcestershire sauce.
- If adding mince add it at this step, use a spatula to break up the mince, and then cook until the mince is browned.
- Then turn down the heat to a medium simmer, add the diced tomatoes, the stock cube and stir regularly for 15 minutes.
- In this time your sauce should now be a lovely and rich sauce, and ready to pour over your cooked pasta.
- Top with parmesan cheese as desired.
- Add onion and garlic and chop 3 SEC – SPEED 5
- Add mixed herbs and oil and cook 2 MIN – 100 DEGREES – REVERSE – SPEED 1
- Add the stock cube, Worcestershire sauce, two cans of tomatoes to the Thermomix bowl.
- Then insert the Thermomix Basket into the Thermomix Bowl and add the mince to the basket (skip this step if not using mince).
- Cook 10 MIN – VAROMA – REVERSE – SPEED 1.5.
- Use the spatula to break up the mince in the Thermomix Basket and then cook for a further 15 MIN – VAROMA – REVERSE – SPEED 2.
- Tip mince from the Thermomix Basket into the Thermomix Bowl and cook for 5 MIN – VAROMA – REVERSE – SLOWEST SPEED.
- Serve on cooked pasta and top with parmesan cheese as desired.
If you would like to have recipes or articles like this delivered to your inbox subscribe below.